TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR HEART HEALTH
The Santa Monica Family YMCA in Partnership with the County of Los Angeles Department of Public Health
Joining the blood pressure self-monitoring program is an investment in your health and a commitment to reducing your risk for heart attack or stroke.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The YMCA Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring Program helps adults with hypertension achieve the goal of lowering and managing their blood pressure through increased awareness of triggers that elevate it. In this 4-month evidence-based program participants will:
• Attend at least two personalized consultations per month with our trained Healthy Heart Ambassador
• Learn measuring techniques and record blood pressure at home to share during consultations
• Attend monthly nutrition education seminars to develop healthier eating habits
• Reduction in blood pressure and better blood pressure management
• Increased awareness of triggers that elevate blood pressure
• Enhanced knowledge to develop healthier eating habits
TO QUALIFY, YOU MUST:
• Be at least 18 years old and be diagnosed with high blood pressure
• Not have experienced a recent cardiac event
• Not have atrial fibrillation or arrhythmias
• Not be at risk for lymphedema
• YMCA membership is not required to participate in the program.
This program is sponsored by the County Los Angeles Department of Public Health and is FREE for Y Members (Package value $259) & Non-Members (Package value $279). Includes one blood pressure monitor, access to Y live stream exercise classes, and 4-month Y Membership Voucher.
For more information and registration, contact Lidia Magarian, Chronic Disease Prevention Director (310) 393-2721 Ext. 129 or email: email@example.com
Click link below to see the flyer