MEMBER CODE OF CONDUCT
SANTA MONICA FAMILY YMCA
The YMCA is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all. To promote safety and comfort, the YMCA expects all persons to act appropriately at all times when in our facility or participating in our programs. The YMCA core values of responsibility and respect, both in behavior and words must be adhered to at all times. The actions listed below, which are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of behaviors, are considered inappropriate and are prohibited in our facilities or programs:
- Using or possessing alcohol, illegal drugs, recreational drugs, or marijuana on YMCA property, or while participating in YMCA programs. Appearing under the influence of either is not permitted.
- Smoking or electronic vaping devices are prohibited in our smoke-free environment.
- Carrying or concealing a weapon or any device or object that may be used as a weapon.
- Harassment or intimidation by words, gestures, body language, or any type of menacing behavior.
- Physical contact with another person in an angry, aggressive, or threatening way.
- Verbally abusive behavior, including profanity, angry language, name calling or shouting.
- Sexually explicit conversation or behavior; any sexual contact with another person.
- Inappropriate, offensive, immodest, or sexually revealing attire.
- Theft or behavior that results in the destruction or loss of property.
- Offensive bodily hygiene that constitutes a nuisance to others or failure to shower before entering pools or Jacuzzi.
- Excessive use of water or paper towels, washing clothes, or coloring hair.
- Loitering or lingering over three hours while not participating in a YMCA program or event.
- Use of social media or websites in a manner that is contrary to the YMCA’s mission, detrimental to the community, or in violation of the law.
- Sleeping on grounds, or placing feet on tables, chairs or against walls.
- Bringing food or beverages except for water in covered containers. Eating is only permitted in the first floor lobby by the pool observation area.
- No animals except for service animals.
- Personal belongings are limited to a workout bag and purse, laptop or briefcase not to collectively exceed 22” x 14” x 12”.
- Bicycles, shopping carts, skates, hover boards and scooters are not allowed inside.
- Sleeping bags, bed rolls, blankets, strollers without children, and tents are not permitted.
The YMCA conducts regular sex offender screenings on all members, participants, and guests. If a sex offender match occurs, the YMCA reserves the right to cancel membership, end program participation, and remove visitation access. In addition, the YMCA reserves the right to deny access or membership to any person who has been accused of any crime involving sexual abuse, has ever been convicted of any offense related to the sale, possession and/or transportation of illegal drugs, or is currently under the influence of illegal or dangerous drugs or chemicals, narcotics or intoxicating beverages.
Anyone who feels that this Code of Conduct is being violated should immediately report the behavior to a staff person on duty. YMCA staff members are eager to be of assistance. Please notify a staff member if assistance is needed.
Suspension or termination of YMCA membership may result from a violation of this Code of Conduct. While an incident is being investigated, the membership of the person(s) accused of violating this Code of Conduct may be temporarily suspended pending a final decision.
Our YMCA utilizes video technology to protect all persons. Cameras are installed in open/public areas only and not in private areas such as locker rooms, restrooms, etc.