COVID Facility Update
PROOF OF VACCINATION
Proof of vaccination requirement:
- All who enter our facility ages 12 and up must show proof of full Covid-19 vaccination. Starting November 22nd, we will only allow those fully vaccinated in the facility.
- Proof of full vaccination includes the following documentation indicating that at least two weeks have elapsed since you received your final dose of a COVID-19 vaccine authorized (including emergency authorization) by the FDA:
- A Vaccination Card issued by the CDC or a foreign governmental jurisdiction which includes the name of the person vaccinated, the type of vaccine provided, and the date(s) the dose or doses were administered;
- A clear photo or copy of a Vaccination Card either as a hardcopy or stored on a phone or electronic device; or
- Documentation of vaccination from a healthcare provider; or
- A personal digital COVID-19 vaccine record issued by the State of California and available by going to https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.
ca.gov/ or similar documentation issued by another state, local, or foreign governmental jurisdiction
- Photo id may be required at time of verification if you do not have an updated photo on file with us.
- You only need to show your proof of vaccination to a staff member one time. A note will be placed in your account to show verification for future visits. We will NOT be storing photos of your card.
- Youth under age 12 who are ineligible for vaccination may still participate in approved activities, while following all CDC/LA County Health Department protocols.
- Parents or guardians bringing children in for swim lessons must show proof of vaccination each time to enter the pool deck and/or watch from the hall.
- Parents or guardians coming for dropoff/pickup from daycare/daycamp will NOT need to show proof of vaccination.
- Members who are not vaccinated may cancel their membership. The YMCA will waive the joining fees for members who return within one year
COVID Facility Update
MASK MANDATE HAS BEEN LIFTED AS OF MARCH 8, 2022
LA County’s indoor mask mandate has been lifted.
Effective March 8, 2022 fully vaccinated members can enjoy breathing freely at the Santa Monica Family YMCA again!
Masks are still strongly recommended as the Y is a multi-service organization that serves infants through older adults and we must consider the vulnerable populations who use the Y.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we adjust to the changing guidelines and we look forward to seeing your smiling faces!
- Facility reservations are no longer required (group fitness and swim reservations ARE still in place through 3/10/2022, Reserve your spot through the “Class Schedule & Reservations”
- Facility hours are: 7am – 8pm Monday-Friday, and 8am-5pm Saturday
- Basketball gym is open for recreation
- Racquetball courts are open (reservations can be made online).
- First Floor Locker rooms will reopen Friday, March 11, 2022.
- Steam and saunas are not open at this time.
We appreciate your patience and support.
- Get your California digital covid vaccine card here: https://myvaccinerecord.
- Schedule Your Covid Vaccine (LA County) http://publichealth.
- Vaccine FAQs (LA County Department of Public Health) http://www.ph.
- LA County Daily Covid data http://www.ph.lacounty.
- WHO Vaccine Information https://www.who.
int/emergencies/diseases/ novel-coronavirus-2019/covid- 19-vaccines/advice
- FDA Vaccine Information https://www.fda.
gov/emergency-preparedness- and-response/coronavirus- disease-2019-covid-19/covid- 19-vaccines