Our Aquatic Center
The Santa Monica Family YMCA features a full Aquatic Center including a spa, heated teaching pool, and a 25 yards, six-lane lap pool. Our pools and spa are equipped with Ultra Violet Light Systems. UV sanitation is one of the most effective water treatments systems in the world. UV systems require small amounts of chlorine, odors are reduced and the water is cleaner and softer. Come for a swim and see for yourself.
Adult Swim Lessons
Swim classes for adult who wish to learn how to swim or want to improve their swimming technique are offered to beginner and intermediate swimmers. These classes are designed to teach swimming and water safety to any non-swimmer and to improve swimming skills for anyone with any swimming background. Classes take place in the lap pool.
- Beginner & Intermediate Class meets Tuesdays & Thursdays 7:45 – 8:30pm, sessions are six weeks long.
- Beginners Class includes buoyancy (front and back floating), water safety, survival strokes, and basic freestyle and backstroke techniques.
- Intermediate Class includes a build up on the materials covered in the beginners level, and breaststroke and butterfly progressions.
- For more information, please contact us at email@example.com
- CLICK HERE to view sessions dates and register online.
Family Swim Time in the Teaching Pool
Time is set aside to bring the family together and practice your stroke, do your exercise routines or just to enjoy a cool dip. Non-swimming children must be accompanied by an adult (18 years or older). Swim Caps are required for all swimmers three years and older.
Enjoy an excellent cardiovascular workout or a relaxing swim in our comfortably heated 25-yard lap pool. Three to six lanes are always available. Circle swimming is used when more than three swimmers are in a lane. Swim caps are required. Swim caps are available for purchase at the Membership Service Desk.
Adult Private Lessons
Private lessons are available for Santa Monica Family YMCA Members. Lessons are 30 minutes in length. Please contact the Aquatic Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or (310)393-2721, ext. 106.
SM Y Members: $55.00
For more information contact: The Aquatics Department at email@example.com or (310)393-2721, ext. 106