Jo Moonves Water Exercise Class
Using the natural resistance of the water is ideal to develop muscle tone, strength, flexibility, and cardiovascular endurance while reducing trauma to joints. No swimming required, perfect for those with physical limitations. Classes take place in the lap pool Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Adult Group Swim Lessons
Swim classes for adults who wish to learn how to swim or want to improve their swimming technique are offered for beginner and intermediate swimmers. These classes are designed to teach swimming and water safety to any non-swimmer and to improve swimming skills for anyone with any swimming background. Classes take place in the lap pool.
- Beginner & Intermediate Classes meet Tuesdays & Thursdays 7:15 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Sessions are six weeks long.
- Cost: $90 per session
- Beginner’s Class includes buoyancy (front and back floating), water safety, survival strokes, and basic freestyle and backstroke techniques.
- Intermediate Class builds upon the materials covered in the beginner’s class, and adds breaststroke and butterfly progressions.
- For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- CLICK HERE to view session dates and register online.
Family Swim Time in the Teaching Pool
Time is set aside to bring the family together and practice your strokes, do your exercise routines or just to enjoy a cool dip. Non-swimming children must be accompanied by an adult (18 years or older). Swim Caps are required for all swimmers three years and older.
Enjoy an excellent cardiovascular workout or a relaxing swim in our comfortably heated 25-yard lap pool. Three to six lanes are always available. Circle swimming is used when more than three swimmers are in a lane. Swim caps are required. Swim caps are available for purchase at the Membership Service Desk.
Private lessons are available for Santa Monica Family YMCA Members. Lessons are 30 minutes in length. Please contact the Aquatics Department at (310)393-2721, ext. 106 or via email at email@example.com.
SM Y Members: $55.00 per class or $200 for 4-class package