|Our certified personal trainers use their knowledge of current research concepts, methods of sound exercise principles, and state-of-the-art equipment to guide you to your fitness goals. Our trainers will customize and implement a program based on your health and individual needs to fit your goals.
Whether you want to lose inches, increase muscle or optimize your workouts, our personal trainers can help you look and feel your best. Invest in yourself to stay motivated and accountable to make you a better YOU!
Trainers are available throughout the day to accommodate your schedule.
OUR PERSONAL TRAINERS ARE QUALIFIED
Our YMCA Personal Trainers have one or more of the following certifications:
- American Council on Exercise (ACE)
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- National Exercise and Sports Trainers Association (NESTA)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science or Kinesiology
WHY PERSONAL TRAINING
Personal Training Is Perfect For:
- Post-rehab training
- Free weights
- Older adult/teen training
- Sports/power training
- Weight loss/gain
- Functional training
A Personal Trainer can help you:
- Add more challenges to your current workout
- Reach new levels of fitness
- Get started on a fitness routine that’s right for you
- Set and reach fitness goals
- Deal with particular problem areas
- Be confident that you are exercising safely and effectively
- Stay motivated
- Achieve results faster
PERSONAL TRAINING POLICIES
- For liability reasons, only personal trainers employed by the YMCA are allowed to train clients at the Y.
- Members will be charged for no-shows or appointments canceled less than 24 hours before the scheduled session.
- Sessions expire 3 months from purchase.
- Services exchanged, or direct payment to the trainer are not permitted and will result in loss of benefits.
- Personal training sessions are non-transferable and non-refundable, including partner sessions.
- The YMCA reserves the right to assign alternative personal trainers if necessary.
PERSONAL TRAINING RATES –60 MIN SESSIONS
PERSONAL TRAINING RATES – 30 MIN SESSIONS
PERSONAL TRAINING RATES – 60 MIN PARTNER SESSIONS
If you are interested in training with a buddy, we now offer reduced pricing for partner sessions. Both clients must purchase the package at the same time and train together.
|Packages||Price Per Person|
Advance payment is required for multiple session discounts. Make your payment at the service desk and show your receipt to the trainer.
PT CLIENT TESTIMONIAL
“Working with a Personal Trainer is a great help with your exercise program and ensures that you stay focused and disciplined. I have had the experience of working with two of YMCA’s trainers and can truly recommend the program. They have been professional, supportive, and capable of tailoring your workout to your individual needs. They have also been nice and a pleasure to work with.” – Andree M., YMCA Santa Monica member.
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
Lidia, Chronic Disease Prevention Director email@example.com (310)393-2721 ext. 129
MEET OUR TRAINING STAFF
Rosalynn “Roz” Ross, CPT
Roz started her fitness career in Aquatics at YMCA in Evanston, Illinois, in 1999, where she taught swimming and water aerobics. She then branched out to fitness on land by obtaining clients from water aerobics classes. She moved to California to complete a Nutritional and Exercise Science degree and started courses at SMC. She is a certified personal trainer through the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), and her specialty is weight loss with muscle toning.
Maurkice Palmore, CPT
Maurkice has been a Y member for ten years and has worked in membership here for two. His favorite thing about the Y is getting immersed in different areas while meeting a diverse group of people. He is motivated to train people of all ages, abilities, and lifestyles. Maurkice’s fitness journey started when he discovered the influence that exercise can have on a person, not only physically but mentally. He worked his way into losing over 70 pounds. That journey motivated him to want to help others to better their lifestyle. Maurkice is now certified as a trainer through The National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) and has a social and behavioral science degree. His primary focus in training is working on muscle imbalances, hypertrophy, and strength development.