July 1, 2020: WELCOME BACK, STAY HEALTHY
Welcome back to the Y! With the growing public health concern around the Coronavirus (COVID-19), the Santa Monica Family YMCA wants to assure you that our main concern is the health and safety of our members, participants, staff and their families. We are closely monitoring the County Public Health Department guidelines to ensure we are following the appropriate protocol and prevention recommendations regarding Coronavirus.
The revised Health Department Order as of July 1 requires:
- Face Coverings and gloves must be worn inside a gym at all times
- If you or a family member is ill, or has traveled to a known Coronavirus outbreak area, stay home to monitor your health for 14 days.
- Keep a 6 foot social distance from others at all times
Here are the precautions we are taking at the Y:
- Operating under the recommended capacity. 21 spots are available by reservation every 75 minutes
- Conducting wellness screenings with temperatures taken for members and staff. Those with symptoms or a temperature above 100.4 are not permitted to enter for 14 days.
- Spacing our equipment more than 6 feet apart and only individual activity is allowed including the basketball gym.
- Cleaning and disinfecting all surfaces with increased effort and frequency
- Ensuring sanitizing supplies are available for member use as needed
- Elevating staff awareness and establishing clear guidelines so that staff can help members stay healthy
- Encouraging frequent hand washing and hand sanitizing
Please help us by:
- Staying home if you or a family member is sick
- Washing and sanitizing your hands before and after entering workout rooms, and before and after using equipment
- Covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue or your elbow, and disposing of tissues immediately
- Refraining from touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Wiping down machines and equipment with disinfectant after each use
- Wear a face covering & gloves, and keep a 6 ft. social distance at all times
Please understand, in the event that we are unable to adequately or safely staff a program, we will cancel it and continue to inform you of any new Y protocols.
Your Comfort Level Matters:
If you don’t feel comfortable coming back the the Y yet, you can still participate through our virtual classes. Or come visit us and take a tour of our safety protocols to decide if you are ready to return.
June 24, 2020: THE Y IS REOPENING JUNE 29TH!
We missed you! It’s been hard to be away from the people we care about, but thank you for persevering and doing your part to stay safe and stop the spread of Coronavirus.
As a nonprofit dedicated to keeping our community healthy, safe and thriving for all, Y members like you make our impact possible. Thank you for staying with us during these incredibly challenging times. Thanks to your support, the Y was able to provide child care for essential workers and host blood drives to replenish critical blood supplies. You were here for your community when it needed you most, and we remain here for you.
We are thrilled to announce that we are taking steps to reopen our facility on June 29 and reactivate key programs in the very near future. From all our staff, we are so happy to welcome you back to the Y!
As we prepare to reopen our doors, please be assured that your safety – and the safety of all our members, program participants, staff and volunteers – is our number one priority. We’re following CDC, County Public Health and City guidelines to ensure that our facility meets the highest standards for hygiene and safety, and we have modified our policies and programs to facilitate safe social distancing practices. To ensure a safe and successful opening, the Y will open gradually in phases beginning with a soft, more restricted opening. As the Y deems its safety protocols have been successful, we will move into subsequent phases of reopening areas of the facility and programs.
Here are some of the new policies and safety protocols you can expect when you visit the Y:
- Members will be limited to one 75 minute visit each day.
- A reservation must be made up to 48 hours in advance through our new app, on our website or by calling Member Services at (310) 393-2721. A reservation must be made for each member of the family planning to use the facility. CLICK HERE to view the 2 minute reservation instructional video.
- Members must self-scan upon entry. Staff will not handle cards, phones, or key tags.
- Facility usage is currently restricted to individual activities only.
- No Guest Passes, Nationwide Guests, or Children under age 15 allowed at this time.
- Members are limited to bringing personal items in a small pack/bag only. No lockers will be available.
- Members are advised to bring their own water filled bottle as water fountains are closed.
- Members must bring their own towel or stretching mat if needed. No other personal fitness equipment may be brought inside.
- Everyone who enters will have their temperature taken with a wellness screening before entering (see questions we’ll ask here). Any individual who displays any symptoms of illness may not enter the building.
- Everyone must wear a face covering in the facility, except during physical exercise.
- Members will be asked to sanitize their hands upon entry and encouraged to wash or sanitize their hands frequently.
- Everyone is required to maintain a safe social distance of 6 feet apart from others at all times.
- Members will be expected to wipe down any equipment they use before and after each use.
- Equipment will be spaced to maintain appropriate distance by restricting use of some pieces.
- Our Safe Keeping Crew will be constantly monitoring and cleaning all areas to maintain a safe environment for you.
New Limited Facility Hours:
Monday-Friday* 7am-Noon and 3pm-8pm *Closed from noon to 3pm for deep cleaning and disinfecting.
Areas Open with Restrictions:
- Cardio and Strength Machines
- Basketball Gym for individual activity only
- No-touch bottle filling available for refill
- Restrooms (except within locker rooms)
Areas Closed/Services Not Provided:
- Locker Rooms
- Seating Areas including Senior Center and Lobby
- Vending Machines
- Swimming Pools and Spa
- Saunas and Steam Rooms
- Child Watch
- Group Exercise/Personal Training
- Exercise Mats – please bring your own
The way we’ll interact with each other will be different, but at the Y, you’ll always be able to connect with people, improve your health and wellness, nurture your children’s potential and help strengthen our community. We invite you to join us in whatever manner you are most comfortable – whether virtually through our online classes or at our facility when we reopen on June 29.
Welcome back to the Y!
Your Santa Monica Y Family
Together, we’re a better us