We’re excited to announce that the Santa Monica Family YMCA is open! After such a long time apart, we are here to help you become active and healthy and improve your well-being in spirit, mind and body.
Please be assured that your safety is our number one priority. We have updated our policies, practices and procedures to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene and make appropriate accommodations for physical/social distancing so that every person who walks through our doors can stay safe and protected while getting back to what matters most: your health, your family and friends, and your community.
To ensure a safe and successful opening, the Y will open gradually in phases. As the Y deems its safety protocols have been successful, we will move into subsequent phases of reopening areas of the facility and we will keep you informed every step of the way.
Here are some of the new policies and safety protocols you can expect when you visit the Y:
- Members will be limited to one 75 minute visit each day.
- A reservation must be made up to 48 hours in advance through our new app, on our website or by calling Member Services at (310) 393-2721. A reservation must be made for each member of the family planning to use the facility.
- Members must self-scan upon entry. Staff will not handle cards, phones, or key tags.
- Facility usage is currently restricted to individual activities only.
- No Guest Passes, Nationwide Guests, or Children under age 15 allowed at this time.
- Members are limited to bringing personal items in a small pack/bag only. No lockers will be available.
- Members are advised to bring their own water filled bottle as water fountains are closed.
- Members must bring their own towel or stretching mat if needed. No other personal fitness equipment may be brought inside.
- Everyone who enters will have their temperature taken with a wellness screening before entering (see questions we’ll ask here). Any individual who displays any symptoms of illness may not enter the building.
- Everyone must wear a face covering in the facility at all times.
- Members will be asked to sanitize their hands upon entry and encouraged to wash or sanitize their hands frequently.
- Everyone is required to maintain a safe social distance of 6 feet apart from others at all times.
- Members will be expected to wipe down any equipment they use before and after each use.
- Equipment will be spaced to maintain appropriate distance by restricting use of some pieces.
- Our Safe Keeping Crew will be constantly monitoring and cleaning all areas to maintain a safe environment for you.
New Limited Facility Hours:
- Monday-Friday: 7am-7pm
- Saturday: 9am-5pm
- Sunday: Closed
- Cardio and Strength Machines
- Weight Room
- No-touch bottle filling available for refill
- Restrooms (except within locker rooms)
Areas Closed/Services Not Provided:
- Basketball Gym and Racquetball Courts
- Locker Rooms
- Seating Areas including Senior Center and Lobby
- Vending Machines
- Swimming Pools and Spa
- Saunas and Steam Rooms
- Child Watch
- Indoor Group Exercise/Personal Training
- Exercise Mats – please bring your own
Come and See for Yourself!
The way we’ll interact with each other will be different, but at the Y, you’ll always be able to connect with people, improve your health and wellness, nurture your children’s potential and help strengthen our community. We invite you to join us in whatever manner you are most comfortable – whether virtually through our online classes or at our facility.
From all our staff, we are so happy to welcome you back to the Y!