We are committed to strengthening the foundations of community through:
- Youth Development — Nurturing the development of every child and teen to achieve their full potential
- Healthy Living — Improving health and well-being for all, and
- Social Responsibility — Motivating people to support their neighbors and the larger community through service to others.We believe that positive and lasting personal and social change can only come about when we invest in our children, our community and our health.
The Santa Monica Family YMCA is dedicated to serving the community by providing programs and services that enrich the quality of the physical, mental, spiritual and social lives of individuals and families. In all we do, we will be guided by principles of love and respect for all people, embracing diversity in all its forms to ensure that everyone has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive. Our core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility guide us in everything we do.
Our Equity Statement
In pursuit of our mission where all are valued and respected by the Y, the Santa Monica Family YMCA is committed to advancing equity for all so that everyone has an opportunity to reach their full potential and live life to its fullest. We nurture and intentionally promote a culture free of bias and injustice. We recognize the uniqueness of each individual person and celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We are committed to dismantling oppressive systems and hold ourselves accountable to identify and put in place long-term policies designed to eliminate racism and inequity. We commit to intentionally and consistently make progress to become an anti-racist, multicultural organization that advances equity for all and stands against all forms of prejudice.
Equity Guiding Principles
- Lead with respect and empathy in all interactions and activities
- Recognize, value, and embrace all dimensions of diversity and work towards the greatest possible inclusion
- Foster a safe exchange of ideas, beliefs, and perspectives within/through the Y
- Advance social equity and bridge-building across and within all communities